Immanuel Church in Stockholm, Sweden is looking for a Korean speaking Pastor. Immanuel Church in Stockholm has approximately 1400 members, and is a part of Equmeniakyrkan/Uniting Church in Sweden. Our vision is that whoever enters our church will feel ”this is where I belong – no matter who I am or where I come from”.
We have a strong tradition of a social commitment and openness for different ways of believing. Our strategic focus areas are children, young people, volunteers, and care for people in vulnerable situations.
A wide diversity of people gathers in our church, young and old, from Sweden and from countries around the world, both believers and seekers. We have diverse values, cultural and church backgrounds. Some visitors stay for a shorter time, others settle in Sweden for a lifetime. We meet for Sunday service and a lot of other activities in three languages, Korean, English, and Swedish.
About 100 persons attend the weekly service in the Korean fellowship.
The pastor, we now are looking for, will work closely together with the other pastors in the congregation. The congregation is governed by one board and in this role, you will report to Carin Dernulf, Senior Pastor.
- All traditional responsibilities for a Pastor.
- Serving in a pastoral team, consisting of pastors and deacons of all language groups. Your task is to work for the unity of the Church, participate in and support joint programs and services.
- Responsible, Lead Pastor, for the Korean speaking part of the congregation.
- You will be involved in our work for children and young people. Having heart for young People, Volunteers, Diaconal work, and strong interest in building trustful relations between the different parts of the congregation.
- Serve in the management team of the staff together with other team leaders and managers. The total number of employees in the church is more than 40.
- Besides heading the services in Korean, you will also work with the Swedish and the English-speaking part of the congregation.
- Educated and ordained pastor. You are, preferably, ordained for service by Equmeniakyrkan/Uniting Church in Sweden.
- Previous experience as a pastor in an international congregation is considered as a merit.
- You have an outgoing personality with documented experience on how to build trustful relations with people of all ages.
- Can live and function in a multicultural setting with generous heart and mind.
- Openminded in theological issues with an inclusive approach regarding values, traditions and different cultural backgrounds.
- Standing firm on human rights, non-discrimination and non-judgmental behavior.
- A deep interest for people and their questions about life and in society.
- A will to spread the gospel with sensitivity. Each person should be met with respect for their integrity, searching and dignity.
- Understanding of Korean and Swedish culture and way of living.
- Fluent in Korean and English on a professional level is a demand. As Swedish is the language spoken in meetings in the office, command of Swedish language at least on a basic level is preferred. If not, we expect a will to invest time to seriously learn Swedish. We will support you in this.
- You hold preferably an EU/EFTA passport or already have a work permit in Sweden.
This is a full-time position to start by agreement. The congregation can help to arrange residence in Stockholm.
For more information about the position, please contact Senior Pastor Carin Dernulf email firstname.lastname@example.org
The union representative is pastor Anna Berndes, email email@example.com
If you want to apply for this position, please email HR Generalist Åke Larsson, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a questionnaire. Your application will be the filled in questionnaire together with your CV a nd your motivational letter. For any questions about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Åke Larsson on mail above or telephone +46 (0) 858 750 331.
There is no end date for applications. We are working with an ongoing process and will start interviewing as soon as possible. When we have found the right candidate we will close the recruitment process, so please apply as soon as possible.
You are more than welcome to apply.