- A number of items were discussed in preparation för the congregation´s annual meeting on May 15:
– The audit report was presented by the auditor.
– Decesion was taken on the annual report for the Immanuel Group
– Marianne Eriksson, Head of Office, presented the congregation´s concolidaed accounts. The Board decided to approve the administration report and also the annual report.
– A new ministry plan, for the year 2022/2023 will be submitted to the annual meeting, where the final decision on this will be taken.
- On Sunday April 24, following our services, the congregation will have the oportunity to dig deeper in to some of the issues that will be discussed at the annual meeting. There will be four separate places in the church where you can get further information about four different issues: the congregation´s economy, the ministry plan, the report from the Ministry Evaluation Committee and, finally, the organisational sub committee. This has been arranged to give the congregation a possibility to get deeper involved in these issues before the annual meeting.
On April 24 a presentation of new board candidates will take place.
- The Board decided to approve the establishment of Immanuel Production. Fredrik Jonsson and Esther Kazen are behind this project and the goal is to work with music during a five year period, together with young adults in Immanuel church. Also, a podd will be made and everything produced will be made available for other congregations wanting to take part. There will be an annual follow up of this project and the Board will be kept currently informed.
- Immanuel Church is in an intense recruitment period:
1. Claes-Göran Ydrefors, interim senior pastor, has declared that he is willing to keep this position until a permanent recruitment is finalized.
2. Anders Segerson terminated his duties as deacon on March 22. We are currently advertising for his successor.
on our webbsite.
3. There is an ad running, announcing the position as pastor, with focus on youth.
4. There is also a position available as responsible for Music Immanuel. This position includes supervision, but is not attached to the choires.
5. Also, the congregation needs an interim pastor for the international group, and a youth pastor.
6. During autumn we also need a new ”husmor”.
- Our congregation actively supports the people of Ukraine through the emergency fund, run by Equmeniakyrkan. The Board discussed how to increase this support. The Board elected its Communication and Collection sub committee to work this through, together with Claes-Göran Ydrefors and Marianne Eriksson, and report back to the Board in its meeting in April.
- Interim Senior Pastor, Claes-Göran Ydrefors, stressed the importance of a premises review in Immanuel Church. This is necessary for maximizing the use of the premesis and to be able to focus om prioritized groups, children and youth.
- Mats Bernö, Hans-Olof Hagén and Roelof Hansman were elected to represent the Church Board in the board of Probitas AB.
- No changes were made in the board of IFAB.
- All new members of Immanuel Church will receive a three month subscription of the magazine ”Sändaren”.
- Hans-Olof Hagén, together with Claes-Göran Ydrefors, werre elected to represent church board and pastoral staff to this year´s Annual Church Conference.
- Coming boardmeetings will take place on April 21, May 19 and June 9.
This text was published first on 8 April, 2022. It can therefore contain information or views that is inaccurate. It is online for archival purposes.