English Language Music Director, International Fellowship of Immanuel Church
Immanuel Church of Stockholm, located in the center of Sweden’s capital city, is seeking a Music Director for our International, English speaking fellowship. A wide diversity of people congregate here, young and old, from Sweden and from many countries around the world, both believers and seekers, with a wide variety of gifts and tastes, having diverse economic, cultural and church backgrounds. While our worship style is predominantly “contemporary” in form we seek to reflect the diversity of this community through offering a wide breadth of music including traditional hymns and music from various parts of the world.
As Music Director of Immanuel International, you will work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor, a wide variety of volunteers and other members of the music staff at Immanuel Church.
It is important that the candidate is committed in their Christian faith and has a vision for helping the congregation to worship and deepen their relationship with God and neighbor. Relational skills and a desire to nurture and build up volunteers is vital.
In addition we are seeking a candidate with some or all of the following qualifications and gifts:
• fluent English speaker
• Broad knowledge of contemporary and traditional worship music
• humble but strong worship leading either as a singer or an instrumentalist
• professional qualifications/experience as a musician
• an ability to choose, arrange and rehearse music for Sunday mornings
• exceptional organisational skills, communicative ability, and collaborative gifts
• experience of choral work with adults / young people / children
• experience of working with worship groups made up of less experienced musicians (i.e. training for musical ministry)
• technical know-how in terms of setting up sound systems and trouble-shooting the inevitable problems
Depending on the qualifications of the candidate this position is part time up to 75 percent. There will be a six month trial period according to national employment regulations.
Immanuel Church ”This is where I belong – whoever I am, wherever I come from.”